Sunday, September 10, 2017

Devlog: Fates and Constellations #22 - Quick catching-up

Progress on F&C is admittedly on the slow side for the past month, but it isn't at a standstill, I'm still progressing, albeit rather slowly. Part of this has got to do with the fact that my recent tasks are all very UI-heavy, and programming and designing UI is my bane - it's not particularly fun(for most part) and at times is mind-numbing mundane. Still, work is work.

Another issue that has cast some uncertainty on the direction of the project is surprisingly, our choice of game engine. We're currently in talks with a publisher and was at one point close to signing a contract - until we're told that they don't currently have a GameMaker extension to their SDK. Thanks to that we're all kinda in an uncomfortable position of having to wait and see how things turn out. Quite worrying - because I was banking on advice from a publisher on how best we can monetize the game.

What I can do now is to keep updating the game and keep the the publisher updated(which reminds me, I still don't have a presentable build since starting work on the progression system). We'll see how this goes.

No comments: