It has been almost 5 months since Spacejacked got greenlit. During this period of time, we have worked hard on polishing what we have, as well as adding a challenge mode. Most notably, we have also worked on building a structure for the story mode - a mode that is taking a lot longer than we have initially expected (fortunately, it is starting to take shape).
In addition, Spacejacked was featured at PAX Prime 2015 under the Intel Booth (because we won the Best Linux Game award from the Intel Level Up Contest)! Here's a photo proof:
also featured: 1/2 of the Rotten Mage team
We've gotten some pretty good feedback from gamers who came to the booth to try out our game. That should give us the confidence and motivation we need to push on and finish the game by the end of the year.
Notable updates to the game thus far:
- Colored text in dialogue box - I was away from work for 2 weeks no thanks to reservist training, and I returned to work to see that jon had added in a very nice touch to the game. Color text made the tutorial we currently have a lot easier to read.
- A couple of new enemies - especially this jellyfish-thing here, its role is major in the story mode.
- Changes to old enemies - definitely made Hugo so much more menacing
- Complete revamp to the art and animation of turrets - we also took this chance to practically remove all delays from turret deploying and upgrading. Results - as observed from playtesting sessions, were extremely positive.
- And did I mention the Challenge Mode? It sure as hell weren't easy building them.
- Metallius - a special mini-game meant for the story mode. It's still pretty much untested, but we hope we get to keep it.
- Several other bug fixes, refactoring, and general polish!