Sunday, March 2, 2014

Untitled

Dear Sis,
If I had known what was really happening, I would have talked to you more. I have so much I want to share with you - like my struggle with starting an indie games startup, my various school game projects, my views on "Evangelion" (even if we've already briefly discussed the series). But it's a little too late now, because I'm an idiot.

About a few years ago I started to find you a tinny bit more distant. At first I thought it was because of my ill-expressed remark on your Facebook page that led to a mildly heated exchange with your peers. Then I assumed you were just building some distance between yourself and the rest of us (the gang) in order to be considerate towards Adrian. I never thought to ask. I thought I should respect that "distance". I'm sorry, I should have talked to you and understood the situation. I guess a part of me was afraid you were angry at me for causing that commotion on FB. But of course, you weren't. If only I had asked, I would probably have a better understanding of what was really happening.

If HY hadn't invited you to our little whatapp group just a few months back, I'll probably never get to have a proper conversation with you. I'm grateful to have chatted with you about your work, about Evangelion, and about how I shouldn't prioritize career over finding my other half. But if I had known that would be the last few times we get to talk, I'd have shared a lot more of my experiences, or asked you more questions about... anything at all.

I guess I just want to say that I'm really happy to have been your god-bro; and, as your god-brother, love you dearly. There is nothing I wished more than for these words to reach you somehow.

Goodbye sis, I'll miss you dearly.

-Your brother.

No comments: