Friday, July 11, 2014

The Playtest

I have, for all intent and purposes, been holding off showing Spacejacked to James, a friend and mentor-figure (from my point of view at least), because we want the game to be more ready before getting the feedback of an industry veteran.

...

Actually, that's not entirely true. I was probably just afraid that he would not like it and whatever is left of my confidence will go up in smoke. But eventually I decided to follow the advice from an Extra Credit episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wX6W3k2wLQ&t=5m17s), and seek James' opinions yesterday.

He did tear it to shreds =D, but I'm grateful for that. I think I see now the more pressing issues we have to work on, instead of getting hang up over unimplemented features we could do without. I also had a good discussion with jon later that evening on the steps we ought to take to finish the game.

Here's hoping everything goes well for Spacejacked!

No comments: