Thursday, December 25, 2014

Defining paths

Fixed the bug. It all boils down to one or two lines of code in the end. The following images shows the possible paths the flying enemies can take in each of the arena.





We define the way-points in Tiled. The generated level files (.json) are then loaded into the game where we run the way-points through our algorithm and create a graph of interconnected points you see above.


Epic fail

So I spent a good part of the day writing code for setting up waypoints for our upcoming flying-type enemy for Spacejacked. This is what happened when I finally started testing if the waypoints are correctly linked.

Bummer

My goal for the week is to finish up a new enemy by the end of the week for this week's stable build. Wish us luck~

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Creating a tag in git

Annotated tag:
git tag -a pre-alpha-v0.1 -m "First public build"
git push --tags

First Review of Spacejacked (WHAT?!)

As was previously mentioned, we released our first pre-alpha build to gather feedback. So far there has been zero response - with the exception of one published review.

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware-Games/Spacejacked.shtml

Thanks Alexandru, for the review!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Working on a new enemy

 Was going to go to the office to work for the day, then decided at the last minute that I'd just animate from home. Worked on smoothing the animation for our new flying-type enemy (designed by Victoria). It's a good thing Victoria provided 3 key frames, makes things a lot easier.

Before:
After:
Next up would be coding some basic path-finding and attacking behaviors. I should also work a little faster >.<